There’s A Burning Smell Coming From Your Induction Hob

Is there an unpleasant burning plastic smell emanating from your induction hob? Here are the various things you need to check.

THE POSSIBLE CAUSES FOR THIS ISSUE:

WARNING
Before you do anything to your appliance, make sure you disconnect it from the power supply.
There is a risk of electric shock.
Wear suitable protective gloves if you need to dismantle anything.
There is a risk of getting cut or injured

The cooker switch/control unit or its terminal connectors have melted

The cooker switch-control unit or its terminal connectors have melted The first thing you need to check is the condition of your induction hob's wall mounted cooker switch/control unit and its terminal connectors. If you observe that any of these has melted anywhere, you will need to replace the damaged part.

The hob's rear terminal block is damaged

The hob s rear terminal block is damaged The second part to check is the terminal block located on the back of your induction hob. If you observe that the plastic on any of the connectors is deformed, you will need to replace the terminal block. You will also need to replace the connectors responsible for causing the damage to avoid it overheating again.
Important: when changing the terminal block, don't forget to properly re-tighten the screws.

One of the hob's induction rings is defective

One of the hob s induction rings is defective If you often or always use the same ring on your hob, this can sometimes lead to the coil on that ring wearing out faster and starting to overheat. To check whether this is the case, you will need to remove the cooktop and see if any of the ring's components is burned or damaged. Also check to see whether the mica plate above the ring has any brown or black marks on it: the smell is probably coming from this component. If this turns out to be the case, you will need to replace the entire ring.

The circuit board is faulty

The circuit board is faulty It is unfortunately possible for a component on the circuit board to melt or explode. When this happens, an unpleasant smell is produced. You can gain access to the circuit board by removing the glass cooktop. Check its condition, and if you notice any damage or abnormality, you will need to replace the entire circuit board.

My Cart 0
Product added successfully
Purchase Continue shopping
Quantity :
    %
    Purchase Continue shopping
    Top