SOS Accessoire is a French company founded in 2008 by Olivier de Montlivault . After a decade working for French electrical retail company Darty as head of marketing for the after-sales service and product group manager at their central purchasing service, he decided to use the experience he'd acquired to make DIY domestic appliance repair widely available to the general public.
SOS Accessoire is designed to serve the needs of the do-it-yourself movement and enables its users and customers to divide the cost of maintaining domestic appliances by a factor of four or five when compared to the expense involved in using after-sales services and traditional repair methods.
With a team of around twenty employees based at our premises in Élancourt, in the Yvelines region of France, SOS Accessoire has experienced constant year-on-year growth since its creation and now supplies spare parts for more than 250,000 models of appliances, ranging from food processors and vacuum cleaners all the way through to refrigerators and washing machines.
Our company distributes its products exclusively through the internet, either via our website https://sos-accessoire.com or through online marketplaces such as Amazon, Cdiscount, PriceMinister, Rue du Commerce, Darty and ManoMano . This way of operating allows us to constantly increase the competitiveness of our prices and provide an ever-expanding range of products. This ultra-high degree of specialisation also enables us to provide you, the customer, the best level of service possible.
Below is a quick summary of the main stages in SOS ACCESSOIRE's development:
- In 2008, we launched the first version of the website in France, selling an initial range of 3,000 accessories.
- From 2011 onwards, we extended our service to encompass the full range of technical spare parts for domestic appliances.
- In 2012, we launched our business on the leading online marketplaces, i.e. Amazon, Ebay, PriceMinister, Cdiscount, Darty, etc. The quality of our products and services enabled us to quickly acquire the highest ratings in our market sector on each of these platforms.
- In 2014, we launched the second version of the sos-accessoire.com website.
- In 2015, the company raised funds of one million euros in venture capital from Starquest http://www.starquest-capital.com/ in order to achieve the objective of becoming the European leader in online domestic appliance spare-part sales by making life easier for consumers whilst at the same time increasing their purchasing power.
- In 2016, we launched a repair help blog: https://atelier.sos-accessoire.com/ . With its more than 400 tutorials and 40 high-quality videos, the blog rapidly became one of the leading and standard-setting informational websites in the domain of domestic appliance repair, providing help with everything from failure diagnosis to spare-part fitting procedures.
- In parallel, we also set up an online technical help service staffed by highly experienced professional domestic appliance repair specialists.
- In 2017, we realized the 2nd fundraising and we launched the third version of the sos-accessoire.com website. https://sos-accessoire.com
At the same time, we also rolled out our websites in other European countries, beginning with Germany and then our Italian website and English website.
- In 2018,we joined the “Club de la Durabilité” (French Sustainability Club), in order to contribute to the fight against the planned obsolescence of consumer goods including home appliances.
- In 2021, we realized our third fundraising and raised 10 million euros.